Why is the Play Windows Startup Sound Greyed Out?
There are several reasons why the play windows startup sound is greyed out in Windows 11/10. One of the most common reasons is that the startup sound may have been disabled in the registry. Another reason could be that your computer’s audio drivers are outdated or corrupted.
How to Fix Play Windows Startup Sound is Greyed Out in Windows 11/10
Follow these steps to fix the play windows startup sound is greyed out in Windows 11/10:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “regedit” and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\SystemExit.
- Double-click on the ExcludeFromCPL value and change its value data to 0.
- Restart your computer and check if the play windows startup sound option is available.
- If the option is still greyed out, update your computer’s audio drivers.
- If updating the drivers does not work, try reinstalling them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is the play windows startup sound important?
A: The play windows startup sound is important because it lets you know when your computer has finished booting up. It can also be helpful in troubleshooting bootup issues.
Q: Can I change the default windows startup sound?
A: Yes, you can change the default windows startup sound by following these steps: Go to Settings > Personalization > Themes > Sounds > Sound Scheme. From there, you can choose a different sound or browse for a custom sound.
Q: What should I do if updating my audio drivers does not work?
A: If updating your audio drivers does not work, try reinstalling them. You can do this by going to Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Right-click on your audio device > Uninstall device > Restart your computer. Windows will automatically reinstall the drivers.