Step 1: Choose a Picture
The first step is to choose a picture that you want to use as the folder picture. You can use any picture from your computer or download one from the internet. Make sure the picture is in a format that is supported by Windows 10, such as JPEG or PNG.
Step 2: Open Folder Properties
Right-click on the folder that you want to change the picture of. Click on “Properties” from the dropdown menu. In the Properties window, click on the “Customize” tab.
Step 3: Choose a New Picture
Under the “Folder pictures” section, click on the “Choose File” button. Navigate to the location where you saved the picture. Select the picture and click on “Open”. The picture will now be set as the folder picture.
Step 4: Apply Changes
Click on the “Apply” button to save the changes. You may have to wait a few seconds for the changes to take effect, especially if you have a large number of files in the folder.
Step 5: Enjoy Your New Folder Picture
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the folder picture in Windows 10. Your new folder picture will be displayed whenever you open the folder.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I change the folder picture for multiple folders at once?
Unfortunately, Windows 10 does not have a built-in feature to change the folder picture for multiple folders at once. You will have to change the picture for each folder individually.
2. Will changing the folder picture affect the contents of the folder?
No, changing the folder picture will not affect the contents of the folder. It is purely a cosmetic change.
3. Can I revert back to the default folder picture?
Yes, you can revert back to the default folder picture by clicking on the “Restore Defaults” button in the “Customize” tab of the folder properties.
- Customizing folder pictures is a great way to personalize your computer.
- Make sure the picture you choose is in a format supported by Windows 10.
- You will have to change the folder picture for each folder individually.
- Changing the folder picture will not affect the contents of the folder.
- You can easily revert back to the default folder picture if needed.
|Supported Image Formats|