Clean Up Your Hard Drive
The first step to clearing up space on your PS4 is to clean up your hard drive. This means deleting any games or applications that you no longer use. To do this, go to your PS4 home screen and select the game or application you want to delete. Press the Options button on your controller, and then select Delete.
Manage Your Game Data
Another way to clear up space on your PS4 is to manage your game data. This means deleting any saved games or game data that you no longer need. To do this, go to your PS4 home screen and select Settings. From there, select Application Saved Data Management, and then select Saved Data in System Storage. You can then select the game for which you want to delete the saved data.
Delete Captured Media
Captured media, such as screenshots and video clips, can take up a lot of space on your PS4. To clear up space, go to your Capture Gallery and delete any media that you no longer need.
Upgrade Your Hard Drive
If you’ve tried all of the above methods and you’re still running out of space on your PS4, it may be time to upgrade your hard drive. This will give you more space to store your games and applications. You can find instructions for upgrading your hard drive on the PlayStation website.
- Q: Will deleting games and applications delete my saved data?
- A: No, deleting games and applications will not delete your saved data. However, it’s always a good idea to back up your saved data before deleting anything.
- Q: Can I use an external hard drive to store my games?
- A: Yes, you can use an external hard drive to store your games. However, you’ll need to format the hard drive before you can use it with your PS4.
- Q: How much space do I need to upgrade my hard drive?
- A: To upgrade your hard drive, you’ll need a 2.5-inch hard drive with a maximum height of 9.5mm and a capacity of at least 250GB.
- Q: Will upgrading my hard drive void my warranty?
- A: No, upgrading your hard drive will not void your warranty as long as you follow the instructions provided by PlayStation.
- Q: Can I delete system files to clear up space?
- A: No, you should never delete system files on your PS4 as this can cause serious problems with your console.