Things You Will Need
Before we begin, make sure you have the following items: a screen protector, a microfiber cloth, a credit card, and a dust remover.
Step 1: Clean Your Screen
Use the microfiber cloth to clean your iPhone 5’s screen thoroughly. Make sure there is no dust, dirt, or fingerprint smudges.
Step 2: Remove the Protective Layer
Carefully peel off the protective layer from the screen protector. Be sure to avoid touching the sticky side of the protector.
Step 3: Align the Protector
Align the screen protector with your iPhone 5’s screen. Make sure the cutouts for the earpiece and home button are in the correct position.
Step 4: Apply the Protector
Slowly apply the screen protector from top to bottom, making sure there are no air bubbles. Use the credit card to smooth out any bubbles.
Step 5: Remove Air Bubbles
If there are still air bubbles, use the credit card to push them out towards the edges of the screen.
Step 6: Remove Dust Particles
If you notice any dust particles under the screen protector, use the dust remover to gently remove them.
Step 7: Allow it to Settle
Finally, give the screen protector some time to settle. Avoid using your iPhone 5 for at least an hour after applying the protector.
- Q: Can I reuse a screen protector?
- A: No, screen protectors are designed for one-time use only.
- Q: Can a screen protector be removed easily?
- A: Yes, screen protectors can be easily removed without leaving any residue.
- Q: What if I accidentally touch the sticky side of the protector?
- A: If you touch the sticky side, use a piece of tape to remove any dust or fingerprints.
- Q: How long do screen protectors last?
- A: Screen protectors can last anywhere from a few months to a year depending on usage.
- Q: Can I still use a case with a screen protector?
- A: Yes, most cases are designed to be compatible with screen protectors.