Step 1: Connect to your Ethernet Network
Before we can begin sharing our Ethernet connection, we must first connect to our Ethernet network.
- Connect your Ethernet cable to your computer and the Ethernet port of your modem or router.
- From your Windows 10 desktop, click on the “Start” button and select “Settings.”
- Click on “Network & Internet.”
- Click on “Ethernet.”
- Toggle the “On” switch to connect to your Ethernet network.
Step 2: Set up your Wi-Fi hotspot
Now that we are connected to our Ethernet network, we can set up our Wi-Fi hotspot to share the connection.
- From the “Network & Internet” settings, click on “Mobile hotspot.”
- Toggle the “Share my Internet connection with other devices” switch to “On.”
- Click on “Edit” to set up the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Choose a name for your Wi-Fi hotspot and create a password.
- Click on “Save” to save your Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
Step 3: Connect to your Wi-Fi hotspot
With our Wi-Fi hotspot set up, we can now connect to it from our other devices.
- On your other device, open the Wi-Fi settings and look for your Wi-Fi hotspot name.
- Enter the password you created in Step 2.
- Click “Connect” to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot.
Yes, you can share your Ethernet connection without a Wi-Fi hotspot by using an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the other device.
Yes, you can share your Wi-Fi connection over Ethernet by using a wired Ethernet connection to connect your computer to the other device.
Q: How many devices can connect to my Wi-Fi hotspot?
The number of devices that can connect to your Wi-Fi hotspot depends on your computer’s hardware. However, most modern computers can support up to 8 devices.
Q: What if I forget my Wi-Fi hotspot password?
If you forget your Wi-Fi hotspot password, you can return to the “Mobile hotspot” settings and click on “Edit” to change your password.
Q: Can I change my Wi-Fi hotspot name?
Yes, you can change your Wi-Fi hotspot name by returning to the “Mobile hotspot” settings and clicking on “Edit” to change the name.
|1||Connect to your Ethernet network|
|2||Set up your Wi-Fi hotspot|
|3||Connect to your Wi-Fi hotspot|
Don’t forget to double-check your settings to ensure that everything is working correctly. With these simple steps, you can share your Ethernet connection over Wi-Fi in Windows 10 and enjoy internet access on all your devices.