Step 1: Open Gmail
The first step is to open Gmail on your computer or mobile device. Once you’re signed in, click on the “Gmail” link in the top left corner of the screen. This will take you to your inbox.
Step 2: Open Contacts
Next, you’ll need to open your Contacts. To do this, click on the “Google apps” icon in the top right corner of the screen (it looks like nine small squares). From the dropdown menu, select “Contacts.”
Step 3: Find the Contact You Want to Delete
Once you’re in your Contacts, use the search bar to find the contact you want to delete. You can search by name, email address, or any other information you have about the contact.
Step 4: Select the Contact
When you’ve found the contact you want to delete, click on their name to open their contact card. This will show you all the information you have saved for that contact.
Step 5: Delete the Contact
To delete the contact, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the contact card. From the dropdown menu, select “Delete.” You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to delete the contact, so double-check that you have the right person before you click “Delete.”
Step 6: Check Your Deleted Contacts
If you accidentally delete the wrong contact, don’t worry – Gmail keeps a record of all your deleted contacts. To access your deleted contacts, click on “More” in the left-hand menu and select “Trash.” From here, you can restore any contacts you’ve accidentally deleted.
Step 7: Repeat as Needed
That’s it – you’ve successfully deleted a contact from Gmail! Repeat these steps as needed to remove any other contacts you no longer need.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I recover a contact I’ve deleted? Yes, Gmail keeps a record of all your deleted contacts in the Trash folder. From there, you can restore any contacts you’ve accidentally deleted.
- What happens if I delete a contact? When you delete a contact, it will be removed from your address book and you won’t be able to email or call them from Gmail. However, any emails or conversations you’ve had with that contact will still be saved in your inbox.
- How do I delete multiple contacts at once? To delete multiple contacts at once, select the contacts you want to delete by clicking the checkboxes next to their names. Then, click on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Delete.”
- Can I delete a contact from my phone? Yes, you can delete a contact from your phone’s address book. Depending on your phone and operating system, the steps may vary slightly, but you should be able to find the option to delete a contact within your Contacts app.
- What if I accidentally delete the wrong contact? Don’t worry – Gmail keeps a record of all your deleted contacts in the Trash folder. From there, you can restore any contacts you’ve accidentally deleted.