What is ACPI BIOS Error?
ACPI BIOS error occurs when there is an issue with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) in the BIOS. This error can cause your computer to freeze or crash. It can also make your computer run slower than usual. ACPI BIOS error is usually caused by outdated BIOS, hardware issues, or driver problems.
How to Fix ACPI BIOS Error Windows 10 Steps
To fix ACPI BIOS error in Windows 10, follow the steps below:
- Restart your computer and press the F2 or Del key to enter the BIOS setup.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and select “ACPI Configuration”.
- Enable “ACPI APIC Support” and save the changes.
- If the error persists, update your BIOS to the latest version.
- Download the latest BIOS update from the manufacturer’s website.
- Run the BIOS update utility and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer and check if the error is fixed.
1. What is ACPI?
ACPI stands for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. It is an industry standard for power management in computers.
2. What causes ACPI BIOS error?
ACPI BIOS error is usually caused by outdated BIOS, hardware issues, or driver problems.
3. How do I know if my BIOS is outdated?
You can check the BIOS version in the BIOS setup or by using a system information tool like CPU-Z.
4. Can ACPI BIOS error damage my computer?
ACPI BIOS error can cause your computer to freeze or crash, but it is unlikely to cause any permanent damage to your computer.
5. Can I fix ACPI BIOS error without updating BIOS?
Enabling “ACPI APIC Support” in the BIOS setup can fix ACPI BIOS error in some cases. However, updating BIOS to the latest version is recommended for a permanent fix. In conclusion, ACPI BIOS error can be fixed by following the steps mentioned above. If the error persists, it is recommended to update your BIOS to the latest version. Keep your computer’s hardware and drivers up-to-date to avoid such errors in the future.