Enabling Focus Mode
To enable Focus Mode, follow these steps:
- Launch Zoom and join a meeting.
- Hover your mouse over the video of the participant you want to focus on.
- Click on the three dots that appear in the upper right corner of the participant’s video.
- Select “Focus” from the dropdown menu.
Using Focus Mode
Once you have enabled Focus Mode, the participant’s video or screen share will be enlarged and centered on your screen. You can now focus on the content being presented without being distracted by other participants.
Exiting Focus Mode
To exit Focus Mode, click on the “Close” button in the upper right corner of the participant’s enlarged video. You will return to the normal Zoom view, where you can see all participants’ videos or screen shares.
You can switch your focus to another participant’s video or screen share by following the same steps as enabling Focus Mode. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the new participant’s video and select “Focus” from the dropdown menu.
- Can I use Focus Mode on mobile devices?
Yes, you can enable and use Focus Mode on Zoom’s mobile app by following the same steps as on the desktop version.
- Can I enable Focus Mode for multiple participants at once?
No, Focus Mode can only be enabled for one participant at a time.
- Can I still hear audio from other participants while in Focus Mode?
Yes, you can still hear audio from all participants while in Focus Mode.
- Can I enable Focus Mode for myself?
No, Focus Mode can only be enabled for other participants in the meeting.
- Can I use Focus Mode during breakout rooms?
No, Focus Mode is not available during breakout rooms.
In conclusion, Focus Mode is a useful feature in Zoom for staying focused during virtual meetings or classes. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can easily enable and use Focus Mode on your next Zoom call.