Are you having trouble with Widgetsmith not working and opening gray widgets on iOS 14? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This is a common issue that many users have experienced. Here are some tips to help you fix the problem.
Restart Your Device
The first thing you should try is restarting your device. Sometimes, this can fix the issue without any further action needed.
Check Your Widgetsmith App
Make sure your Widgetsmith app is up to date. You can check for updates in the App Store. If an update is available, download and install it.
Delete and Reinstall Widgetsmith
If restarting your device and updating the app didn’t work, try deleting and reinstalling Widgetsmith. Here’s how:
- Long press on the Widgetsmith app icon until it starts shaking.
- Tap the “X” icon to delete the app.
- Go to the App Store and search for Widgetsmith.
- Download and install the app.
Check Your Widgets
Make sure you have created and added widgets to your home screen. If you haven’t, Widgetsmith won’t work. Here’s how to add widgets:
- Long press on your home screen until the apps start shaking.
- Tap the “+” icon in the top left corner.
- Search for Widgetsmith and select the widget size you want to add.
- Customize the widget and tap “Add Widget”.
Check Your Internet Connection
Widgetsmith needs a stable internet connection to work properly. Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Reset Your Home Screen Layout
If none of the above solutions worked, try resetting your home screen layout. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings and tap on “General”.
- Scroll down and select “Reset”.
- Tap on “Reset Home Screen Layout”.
- Enter your passcode, if prompted.
1. Why are my Widgetsmith widgets gray?
Gray widgets usually mean that there’s a problem with the app or widget. Try the solutions mentioned above to fix the issue.
2. How do I customize my Widgetsmith widgets?
To customize your Widgetsmith widgets, tap and hold the widget on your home screen. Then, select “Edit Widget” and make the desired changes.
3. Can I use Widgetsmith on other devices?
Yes, Widgetsmith is available on other Apple devices such as iPad and Mac.