Step 1: Open iMessage
First, open the iMessage app on your iPhone or iPad. This can be done by tapping the green speech bubble icon.
Step 2: Find the Message
Next, find the message that you want to mark as unread. This can be done by scrolling through your conversations or by using the search bar at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Swipe Left
Once you have found the message, swipe left on it. This will reveal a list of options.
Step 4: Tap “More”
Tap the “More” option. This will bring up a new list of options.
Step 5: Tap “Unread”
Tap the “Unread” option. This will mark the message as unread and move it to the top of your conversation list.
Step 6: Repeat as Needed
Repeat this process for any other messages that you want to mark as unread.
Step 7: Mark as Read
When you are ready to reply to the message, simply open it again and it will be marked as read.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I mark multiple messages as unread at once? Unfortunately, no. You will need to mark each message individually.
- Will marking a message as unread notify the sender? No. The sender will not receive a notification that the message has been marked as unread.
- Can I mark messages as unread on my Mac? Yes. The process is similar on a Mac. Simply right-click on the message and select “Mark as Unread.”
- Will marking a message as unread change the read receipt? No. The read receipt will still show that you have read the message.
- Can I mark messages from group chats as unread? Yes. Follow the same steps to mark a message from a group chat as unread.