Discord is a popular communication app that allows users to chat and voice call with friends and communities. However, if you no longer need it, you may want to uninstall it from your Mac. Here’s how:
Step 1: Quit Discord
Before uninstalling Discord, make sure it’s not running. To do that, click the Discord icon in the menu bar and select Quit Discord.
Step 2: Delete Discord App
Open Finder and go to the Applications folder. Find Discord and drag it to the trash bin. Alternatively, you can right-click on Discord and choose Move to Trash.
Step 3: Remove Discord Data
Deleting the app itself doesn’t remove all Discord data from your Mac. To completely uninstall Discord, you need to delete its data folder. Here’s how:
Option 1: Use Terminal
- Open Terminal (you can find it in Applications/Utilities).
- Type the following command:
rm -rf ~/.discord
- Hit Enter and enter your Mac administrator password if prompted.
Option 2: Use Finder
- Click on the Go menu and select Go to Folder.
~/Library/Application Support/and hit Go.
- Find the Discord folder and drag it to the trash bin.
Step 4: Empty Trash Bin
Finally, empty your trash bin to permanently delete Discord from your Mac.
1. Can I reinstall Discord after uninstalling it?
Yes, you can always download and install Discord again from the official website.
2. Will uninstalling Discord delete my account?
No, uninstalling Discord only removes the app and its data from your Mac. Your account and data will still be available if you log in again.
3. What if I can’t delete the Discord app?
If you encounter any issues deleting the app or its data, try restarting your Mac and then try again. If the problem persists, contact Discord support for assistance.
|Terminal||Quick and efficient||Requires some knowledge of command line|
|Finder||Easy to use||May not delete all Discord data|