Many people want to change their cell phone from Android to iPhone or Vice versa. Still, the problem is usually essential data that is difficult to move, one of which is WhatsApp Chat which contains important chats including contacts, photos, videos, documents, and other important files.
This article will explain how to move WhatsApp chat backups from Android to iPhone? The method done here can be either free or paid. Check out the following article.
Backup and Restore Android WhatsApp Chats to iPhone (and Vice Versa)
To do this tutorial, you should first backup all data to your computer or online storage (cloud) to minimize failures and data loss.
All data loss is not their responsibility, so DWYOR (Do With Yout Own Risk). If you agree, let’s look at the following tutorial.
Manual Method via Backup and Restore
The easiest way is to take advantage of the default WhatsApp feature, Backup and Restore via Google Drive. The method is relatively easy, namely:
- First, make sure you’re connected to fast internet.
- Then open the WhatsApp Application on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Then click Back up.
- Don’t forget to also Tick Include Videos.
- Wait a few minutes for the process backup to complete.
- Make sure your WhatsApp is connected to your Google Drive account.
- Change the Back up to Google Drive settings by selecting “Only when I tap “backup.”
- And set Backup over to Wifi and cellular.
After that, we move to our new HP iPhone. Download the WhatsApp App on the App Store. Make sure the WhatsApp version you use is official and specific to ios. After being installed, the next step is:
- First, move the old sim card from the android phone to iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp App.
- Enter the Mobile Number used in the Previous Device (it must be the same).
- Please wait a few moments, then WhatsApp will recognize the Chat that has been backed up before, then click Restore Chat History.
Your chat is back to the way it was. However, this method sometimes does not work in some versions of WhatsApp. Therefore, you can do an alternative route using third-party applications and move on to the following tutorial.
Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is software that can transfer WhatsApp from Android to IOS or vice versa. With Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer for WhatsApp, we can quickly transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. You can follow the following steps.
a. Step 1: Download and Run iCareFone Transfer on your PC or Mac
Connect the two devices, namely Android and iPhone, with a computer, then click the “transfer” button in the iCareFone application.
b. Step 2: Backup Process
Now you have a backup of WhatsApp data from an Android device. Follow the next step of the instruction and press “Continue”.
c. Step 3: Verify WhatsApp account
Next, you verify your WhatsApp account from an Android device. You need to enter the country code and cellphone number, then click “Verify”. Enter the verification code sent via SMS on your Android device.
d. Step 4: The Process of Generating Data
After verification, the tools will start regenerating data that can be transferred from Android to iPhone. In this process, you cannot remove the connected cable, which may take a long time. So wait for it to finish.
e. Step 5: Turn off “Find my iPhone”
The last step is to turn off the “Find my iPhone” feature by following the guidelines on the screen. After that, then the data transfer process will begin. This process varies depending on the size and amount of data available and will take several minutes.
Once done, the iPhone will restart, and after that, it can be used as usual with all WhatsApp data that has been accurately transferred from the Android device to your iPhone.
Dr.fone software is Software to transfer WhatsApp data from android to iPhone (or vice versa) for free. When this article is written, we can download this software without spending money.
In addition to moving chats, this Software can also be used to repair your android or ios device. The features are complete, ranging from Restoring HP data, Sending data to a computer, Transferring data from an old cellphone to a new cellphone, to the HP Unlock function.
To move WhatsApp Chat using Dr. Fone, the method is relatively easy, here are the steps.
a. Enable USB Debugging
Before using dr.fone software, you must first enable USB debugging so that the Software can access device data and perform backups. How:
- Go to > About Phone> Software Information Settings.
- Then look for the “Build Number” info.
- Then press it several times until the caption “Developer mode has been enabled” appears.
- Then go to the Settings menu > Developer Options.
- Then check USB Debugging and click OK.
Each Android Phone has a different appearance, but the method remains the same, namely clicking the “build number” several times to bring up the developer options menu and then activating USB Debugging.
Once USB Debugging is active, proceed to the next step.
b. Moving Chat from your old Phone to your new Phone
- First, download dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer.
- You can choose the Windows or Mac version and adjust it to the PC you use.
- Then you install the WhatsApp application on your new iPhone cellphone then log in using the Old Number (which was used by the previous Android Phone).
- After the dr.fone application is installed, then open the software.
- Click WhatsApp Transfer > Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Then Connect Both Phones (Android and iPhone) with the Computer using a USB
- Make sure you are using the original USB on both Devices
- Then the two are connected, then click “Transfer” > Continue
- Wait for the data transfer process, the duration of the move depends on the amount of data contained in the old cellphone
- Finish! Now all your old chats have moved to your new phone.
This software also supports other devices besides iPhones, such as iPad, iPod touch, and various types of Android phones.
In addition to the method above, there is another alternative way, namely using Backuptrans software, for the process is almost similar, see the following tutorial.
Using Backuptrans Software
This software is a paid software used explicitly to backup device data from Android or Apple devices. The price offered is cheaper when compared to us hiring data migration services for other people.
How to use it is similar to dr.fone, here is a tutorial on moving android WhatsApp chat to iPhone using backuptrans.
- Download Software Backuptrans
- To buy it, you can visit the following page.
- There is a lot of software provided, adjust it to your needs. Is it to transfer WhatsApp Android Data to iPhone or Vice Versa
- After that, install the software.
- Backup WhatsApp Chats on an Android phone, the method is like the first tutorial above.
- Then Connect your Android Device and iPhone to your computer by using the original USB
- The connected smartphone will appear on the left side. Click on your Android phone then all your data will appear.
- Then click the Transfer Icon on the left side.
- And select your destination Device. For example, My device is the iPhone 6.
- Then wait for the process to complete
In following this tutorial, you will experience some problems. Here are some frequently asked issues.
Why Smartphones are not Readable on PC
This is because you have not installed the driver or enabled USB Debugging. Make sure you install the device drivers first, for example, Samsung phones must install Samsung Kies, Xiaomi must install Mi Suite, Apple must install Itunes, and so on.
Is this Method Possible on All Cellphones?
This method is suitable for all Smartphones running android and ios operating systems from various brands such as Samsung, Asus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Realme, Nokia, Huawei, and so on.
Is There a Chance of Failure?
Software is only artificial, it will not be perfect, there will definitely be failures in transferring data from several types of cellphones, so you can ask directly to the software maker to fix the bugs you experience.
Does It Have to Root?
Yes, you can’t, on some devices, you have to root first, but not on all devices. Some can be without root or use third-party WhatsApp applications such as WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
How to Save on Moving WhatsApp Android Chat to Own iPhone
To move android WhatsApp chat to iPhone, the best thing is to take it to the counter or use premium software. But the price is undoubtedly high, and our data is at stake if someone else does it.
Well, there is a way to save and be safe by renting iCareFone or Dr. Fone software. There are so many affordable software rental services you can look for them in your favorite marketplace. In addition, you can also joint venture with friends to rent software. Of course, this is more affordable than having to buy it yourself.
That’s how to move android WhatsApp chat to iPhone. That way, we don’t need to hire a pc data moving service, which is quite expensive. We can move WhatsApp by ourselves without losing chat and essential data. In addition, our privacy is more secure and secure.
That’s all the tutorials this time, hopefully, they will be helpful for you. If you have anything to add or ask, please leave a comment below.