WhatsApp, just as with many other apps, requires constant update releases to improve its performance. Using up-to-date app not only promises optimized user’s experience but it also makes sure your device is safe. That becomes the question is, how to update WhatsApp on Android and iPhone?
It may sound tricky but updating WhatsApp requires little to no skills. Even if you’re not a computer geek, doing this task won’t give you a headache. Scroll through.
How to Update WhatsApp on Android
WhatsApp for Android is featured on Google Play Store. This mobile application store allows you to download and update apps effortlessly, including WhatsApp. Depending on your settings, Google Play Store may send notification if new updates are available. Tap the notification to proceed.
But you might either miss the notification or choose the other settings so you have to check for updates manually. Don’t worry, it will neither drain your brain nor waste your energy. Follow the instructions below to update WhatsApp on Android:
- Open Google Play Store app on your Android.
- Tap three horizontal lines at the top left of your screen.
- Choose My apps & games.
- Find WhatsApp app from the list.
- If update is available, you will see an Update button on the right side.
- Tap Update button to install the latest version.
- Wait until the process is completed.
Alternatively, you can also find WhatsApp from search feature. Tap search icon and type WhatsApp to search. On WhatsApp page, tap Update button. You can also scroll down to view the information about the latest updates, including new features and improvements.
How to Update WhatsApp on iPhone
WhatsApp is available on iPhone. While Android users can find it on Google Play Store, WhatsApp for iPhone is featured on the App Store.
Basically, how to update WhatsApp on both mobile app stores is quite similar. All you have to do is launch the App Store and download the latest version. But if you need a little help, the following instructions is just for you.
- Launch App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on Updates at the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll down to locate WhatsApp.
- Once you find it, hit More to see the recent version.
- Check if your WhatsApp is the latest version.
- If you run an older version, you will see an Update button.
- Tap the button to proceed the download.
Well, it might be tricky if you don’t know the latest version of WhatsApp. But don’t worry because the App Store makes it easier for you.
There’s a simple trick to figure it out. If you see Open button next to the app, this means your WhatsApp is up to date and you don’t need to download any updates. But if you see an Update button rather than Open, it shows your WhatsApp version is obsolete. Hit the button to download the latest version.
The latest version may come with new features, bug fixes, and improvements. Be sure to run up to date application to ensure its performance and your device’s security. It’s good to know that the developer constantly releases updates so you’re safe from prying eyes or crash.