Instagram Music is one of the latest features used when creating stories on Instagram. With this feature, users can add music along with lyrics or album covers on Instagram Story.
But unfortunately, the feature, released on June 23, 2021, still gets many complaints from users that the feature cannot be found.
If you have experienced this and have not found a solution, here we have written down some ways to overcome Instagram Music not showing up.
1. Update Instagram App
The first way that has proven very effective in overcoming Instagram music not appearing is to update the Instagram application via the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
Why has this method proven to be effective? That’s obviously because every latest feature on Instagram will be able to be enjoyed by every user after the version update process of the Instagram application. It also includes the Music Instagram feature itself.
To do the Instagram application update process, please do the following steps:
- Run the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) app.
- Search for the Instagram app.
- Tap the Update or Update button to update it.
After that, you must wait until the Instagram application update process is complete.
When finished, please open the Instagram application, create a new story and look for the Instagram Music sticker. Please proceed to the other ways below if it still does not appear.
Another way to prevent Instagram Music from appearing on Instagram Stories is to log out and re-login.
By doing the process, all the features of Instagram are reloaded. So it is very likely that the Instagram Music feature will appear after you log out and log back in.
But it should be noted that you must memorize and remember the username and password of your Instagram account so that later you can re-login without any problems.
If you are sure that you remember your Instagram account login information, here’s how to log out and log back into your Instagram account.
- Launch the Instagram application, then open your Instagram Profile.
- Tap the three lines at the top right of the screen.
- Select the Settings option on the menu that appears.
- Scroll to the very bottom and select Log Out (username).
- After successfully logging out, please re-login your account.
3. Clear Instagram App Cache
The problem of Instagram Music not wanting to appear can also be caused by the application cache piled up too much.
What is a cache? Simply put, a cache is a junk file generated from every installed application, and Instagram is no exception.
Therefore, you can clear the cache from the Instagram application to solve the Instagram Music feature that does not appear.
Don’t know how to do it yet? Please follow the steps we have written below:
- Open Settings.
- Go to the Application settings.
- Select the Instagram app.
- Tap the Clear Data option.
- Click Clear Cache.
In the steps above, we did use the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 MIUI 12 smartphone, so there will likely be a slight difference in appearance with the settings menu on your smartphone.
4. Clear Instagram App Data
If deleting the cache alone does not work, you must delete all data from the Instagram application on your cellphone.
This way, the Instagram application will be clean again and display all the features that every user should be able to use.
But deleting the Instagram application data will also delete the login information from your Instagram account. So before doing so, make sure that you remember your Instagram account username and password.
Here’s how to clear Instagram app data to solve the music Instagram feature not showing up:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Application settings.
- Search for and select the Instagram app.
- Press the Clear Data option.
- Select Clear All Data.
5. Reinstall Instagram
After you have done the four methods above and the Instagram Music problem has not been resolved, the last step is to do the process of reinstalling the Instagram application.
That way, all Instagram application data will be deleted and replaced with a new application along with the latest data and features.
To do the process of reinstalling the Instagram application, here are the steps:
- Press and hold the Instagram app, then drag it to the Uninstall option.
- After the uninstall process is complete, please open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for the Instagram app.
- Click the Install button.
- Wait for the download and installation process to complete.
Those are some ways to solve Instagram Music not showing up. Usually, the problem will be solved by performing an application update process. But if not, you can proceed to several other ways.